What is a CMMS?
If you’ve ever lost track of a work order, or tried to find historical maintenance records, you know how frustrating and time-consuming that can be. A CMMS helps with your maintenance routine by keeping a record of all of your assets and equipment and other operations related data. But what does CMMS stand for? And what are the benefits? If you’re a little confused, no worries. We get it, and we’re here to help! So keep reading to find out out what a CMMS is.
Computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), also known as computerized maintenance management information system (CMMS), is software that maintains a database of information about an organization's maintenance operations.
A CMMS is the remedy for manual processes that slow the business down and decrease team productivity. The system automates the tedious tasks associated with maintenance including management and reporting. It's worth taking a look at how a CMMS software solution can help you to simplify operations.
What Does a CMMS Do?
A CMMS can help manage your assets, inventory and work orders, but how exactly does it work? A good CMMS software package comes fully equipped with a large variety of maintenance management features. CMMS systems centralize the information about an asset – where it is, what it needs, who worked on it and when. It makes critical asset management data automated, accessible and auditable.
One of the main feature of the CMMS software is to prevent maintenance. This means that it schedules regular proactive maintenance on assets and equipment and sends alerts in order to prevent costly failures and large repairs. It also manages your assets by tracking and monitoring the conditions of such to capture data as well as to prevent breakdowns. Likewise, it manages your work orders by allowing users to open, process and monitor the status of work order requests. Not only manage assets and work orders, but also inventory. This is done by organising spare parts, materials and other tools used for maintenance operations. In addition, technician schedules can be controlled directly within the system, and specific work orders can be assigned to individual technicians. Lastly but not least, it provides mobile accessibility. Users can access the system on tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices.
What are the benefits of using a CMMS?
All these features add up to several big bonuses for your organization such as:
- Reduces Equipment Downtime: If you do the maintenance properly and on time, your equipment will need less repairs and will run longer.
- Increases Productivity: Technicians stay organized and up to date in terms of breakdowns, responsibility and maintenance appointment reminders. Also, they can track and manage tools or equipment in an easy way.
- Lowers Maintenance Costs: Based on the information added in the system, maintenance operations are scheduled automatically.
- Enhances Work Order Management: All work orders in the system contain the necessary information and documentation.
- Increases Life of Equipment: Preventative maintenance is performed at an optimal time.
- Schedules Preventive Maintenance: All information concerning the assets is stored in a central database.
- Improves Productivity: Workflows, work orders and historical assets are organized in an optimal way.
- Meets Compliance & Safety Standards: Maintenance standards can be generated in a comprehensive report.
How can MoreApp become your new CMMS?
CMMS systems are marching towards the future in a number of innovative ways. MoreApp contributes to such growth by providing companies with software that allows them to create and manage Digital Forms in a very simple way.
With MoreApp you will:
- Access your Online Forms: You will have access to your digital forms whenever you need it quickly and easily. You will not waste more time searching between papers!
- Send an Email after filling out a Form: Once a completed form has been sent, you can add an email with your own logo to notify someone that a new registration has been made. This will reduce prevention costs because you will no longer have to notify that person!
- Fill out all of your Forms: You can fill out your forms from anywhere with the App or using a desktop. You will increase data collection because more people will have access to your forms!
- Keep track of all your Registrations: You will have access to the data real-time, you can use it to timely see where preventive maintenance is needed.
- Send Work Instructions: Create workflows so that different users together can be filling out one form. You will improve your productivity since this all goes by sending push notifications to their mobile devices.
- Integrate your Favourite Program with MoreApp: Thanks to the Hooks and the API, you can integrate MoreApp with the Software that you are using in your company. You will streamline your processes!
- Export Data to Excel: You can export the data of your completed forms to Excel, Google Sheets or One Drive. Like that, you can have access to your completed forms also in your favourite tools!
- Manage Users: Invite the entire team to your MoreApp account so they can view, edit or manage forms.
- Have Secure Data: MoreApp saves your data securely in a cloud server located in Dublin, Ireland. In addition, MoreApp received the ISO 27001 certificate in September 2017.
Don't hesitate and get started!
Streamline your business processes by registering now for free!