How Does Deforestation Affect the Environment?
MoreApp, a digital forms software, gives you some shocking facts and figures to help you understand how deforestation affects our environment, why our forests are so important and why we should protect them.
Deforestation is an issue that has been brought to the front of the international scene since the past decades. Unfortunately, as human needs are growing, so is the deforestation. As urbanisation is developing, more and more lands are needed, but at what price?
MoreApp Cares About the Environment
At MoreApp, we want to encourage companies to use digital forms in order to reduce paper consumption. You can start using our digital forms without any investment! In addition, using digital forms allows you to save up to 75% of the time compared to working with paper forms. A great way to optimise your processes! MoreApps offices are currently present in several countries. MoreApp users together save more than 500 trees per year. Why not you? The more companies digitise their processes, the more trees we will save!
What is Deforestation?
It is the act of cutting trees and removing forests to use for other purposes, like agricultural expansion, housing or even illegal logging. As the human population continues to grow, the planet is exposed to more and more risks.
How Does Deforestation Endanger the Environment?
Deforestation has many negative effects on the environment, we tried to narrow them down:
- It is estimated that in 100 years time there won’t be any rainforests on earth anymore.
- The loss of Biodiversity.
- One and a half acres of forest is cut down every second.
- The rate of deforestation equals to a loss of 20 football fields every minute.
- Up to 28,000 species are expected to become extinct by the next quarter of the century due to deforestation.
- Deforestation affects water cycle.
Why are Forests so Important?
- They provide habitats for animals and livelihoods for humans.
- They cover about 30% of the world.
- 20% of the world’s oxygen is produced in the Amazon forest.
- Trees are important components of the ecosystem by absorbing carbon.
- More than 25% of the medicine we use come from rainforest plants.
- Forests provide watershed protection, prevent soil erosion and mitigate climate change.
What can we do to Avoid Deforestation?
The number of newly planted trees increases every year, but the total still equals a tiny part of what the planet really needs. Ending the deforestation requires a strong political will from the leaders of all countries.
However, your power as a consumer is vital to stop deforestation! Like any business, if there is no demand, the supply will reduce. Fortunately, there are environmentally friendly companies that are helping to reduce deforestation. They need your support.
Save trees and go digital with MoreApp by registering for free!